Allaah the Most High said:
وَالسَّابِقُونَ الأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالأَنصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُم بِإِحْسَانٍ رَّضِيَ اللّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُواْ عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ
And those first foremost from the Muhaajireen and the Ansaar and those who followed them in goodness, Allaah has been pleased with them and they have been please with Him and prepared for them are gardens underneath which rivers flow wherein they will abide in forever, that is the great victory.
(Surah Tawbah, verse 100)
Narrated by ‘Abdullaah bin Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (may Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“The best of generations is my generation, then those after them and then those after them. Then there will come a people, their testimony preceding their oaths and their oaths preceding their testimonies.”
[Sahih Al-Bukhaaree no. 2509, Sahih Muslim no. 2533]
Narrated by Az-Zubayr bin ‘Adiyy he said, we went to Anas bin Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) complaining to him about the troubles we faced from Al-Hajjaaj ibn Yusuf whereupon he said:
“Have patience, because there will not come a time but that the time after it is worse until you meet your Lord. I heard it from your Prophet (may Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him).”
[Sahih Al-Bukhaaree no. 6657]
And Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him):
“Whoever amongst you who is going to be a follower then let him be a follower of the companions of Muhammad (may Allaah’s peace and blessings be upon him) since they had the purest of hearts from amongst this Ummah, and possessed the deepest of knowledge, whilst being the least ceremonious, straightly guided and in the best state. They were people whom Allaah choose for the companionship of His Prophet and for the perfection of this religion, so know their status and virtue and follow them in their footsteps, because they were upon the true guidance.”
[Ibn ‘Abdilbar in Jaami’ bayaan al-‘ilm wa fadhlih 1810, Aboo Nu’aym in al-Hilyah 305/1]
- Firstly: Definition of what is meant by the word salaf and that it refers to the 3 early generations.
- Secondly: That the companions are the best of people, and they are this Ummah’s salaf with regards to goodness.
- Thirdly: The goodness of the companions encompasses all aspects of the religion.
- Fourthly: Goodness decreases with the passing of time.
- Fifthly: Affiliation to the salaf is affiliation to the best of generations as well as being affiliation to the truth.
(Source: scottishsalafiyyah.blogspot.ca)Posted 11 months ago with 20 notes
- pinkhijabi reblogged this from pearlsofislam
- pinkhijabi likes this
- jejakjemari reblogged this from chynatic
- theshinylight likes this
- pencari-ilm likes this
- khadooja likes this
- mirrkencanawungu reblogged this from astriver
- sspain82811 reblogged this from pearlsofislam
- chynatic reblogged this from pearlsofislam and added:
- rare-gem reblogged this from pearlsofislam
- disortion likes this
- allahumustan reblogged this from pearlsofislam
- kaapowzer7 likes this
- itshalalcuzisaidbismillah likes this
- astriver reblogged this from pearlsofislam
- may-theforcebewithyou likes this
- astriver likes this
- pearlsofislam posted this